2020 Bantam Select Team Tryouts
LBYH is pleased to announce tryouts for the 2020 Bantam Select half season team. Tryouts will be determined in the next several weeks once state social distancing restrictions are lifted. This program is being offered by LBYH as a pilot for possible expansion to other levels in 2021. Participation should be in addition to any other club or LBYH Bantam team you wish to play on.
The Bantam Select team will feature the following:
- Coached by Peter Masters of the Boston Junior Bruins and his staff (see more on Coach Masters below)
- Half season from September through mid-November with approximately 15 games and 15 full ice practices
- Primary roster will carry approximately 13 skaters and two goalies. The team will also offer approximately 5 alternate positions
- Once weekly full ice practices (60 or 80 minutes) will be held at Hayden or Bentley on a day/time to compliment club and/or LBYH practices (e.g. Friday or Sunday evening)
- Weekend games against existing tier I and II clubs in the EHF, E9 and BHL. Competitive town games may also be scheduled
- Pre-season mini-camp planned for late August
- Team will be entered into state play down competition
- Players with ’06 and ’07 birth years are permitted to try out and play
- Players will be selected by independent tryout evaluators approved by LBYH and based on skill level and position
Coach Masters played for Matignon, Boston College and the USHL, and brings a wealth of experience in developing players from youth hockey to college Division 1. He is currently an owner of the Boston Junior Bruins and has coached some of the most elite players in the area. You can read more about Coach Masters here.
The expected cost of the Bantam Select team is $725 (full participation), which includes the tryout fee of $25. Tuition excludes the cost of game jersey and socks as well as any tournament or state play down costs. The expected cost of an alternate position is $425. Goalie tuition is $365 (50% discount). Prices are subject to change based on planned game costs.
The cost is $25 and applies to all players. The tryout fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The tryout cost will be applied to player tuition as applicable.
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 24 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TRYOUT TIME - LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If it is determined the team cannot be formed, regardless of reason, all players will be notified.
Base Cost: $25.00
Open to: Boys & Girls
born between: 01/01/2006 and 12/31/2007
|26 registrations 22 open positions. |